The Art of Stewardship - Nature Through the Artist's Eyes
Friday, March 11 at 7pm.
- $10/person in advance; $10 at the door. Click here
Living the Art of Stewardship Presentation by Greg Mort
Featured Guest John Schratwieser
Executive Director Maryland Citizens for the Arts
- Howard County Conservancy Sixth Annual Juried Art Show,
- THE ART OF STEWARDSHIP –“Nature Through the Artist's Eyes”
- March 9 - April 8, 2016
- Gudelsky Center Gallery.
The Art of Stewardship encourages artists to display their innovation, creativity and unique perspective on natural subjects, thereby allowing viewers to explore and appreciate our Earth in new ways. The Art of Stewardship(TAOS), a private foundation established by the Mort Family, is a grass roots effort that assists arts communities by organizing and providing forums and exhibitions for interaction and dialogue offering resources and opportunities to artists in their role as Stewards of our Earth. Greg Mort is considered one of America's leading contemporary artists and enjoys national and international recognition with his paintings in prominent museum collections around the world including the Smithsonian, Corcoran, National Gallery of Art, Delaware, Portland, Singer and Academy Art museums and the White House.. Throughout his lifetime Greg's paintings have reflected the wonders and beauty of the natural world. The Art of Stewardship was a natural outgrowth of his determination to encourage environmental awareness by supporting partnerships between artists and environmental education organizations.
CALL FOR ARTISTS! Click Here for information!
- Open to all original art & photography media, from traditional to contemporary work, using a variety of techniques and imaginative interpretations.
- Theme for this year: Nature Through the Artist's Eyes
- The exhibit seeks to showcase artists' visions of nature from various perspectives and mediums.
- Artwork must NOT have been shown previously at the Howard County Conservancy
- Works will be judged on thematic and artistic excellence. Submitting a registration of artwork DOES NOT guarantee that your work will be accepted to hang in the show. Please note that the $20 registration fee per artwork is non-refundable.